Qatar International School (Required September 2018)
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic Primary KS2 teacher to join our Primary school from September 2018. Suitable candidates will have experience of teaching the English National Curriculum to KS2 children and will have a good knowledge or understanding of life after levels and planning for a thematic curriculum.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivering high quality lessons that engage and challenge all students. They should have high standards and expectations in all elements of their work.
They should be a committed team player who is ready to support the Primary school in the next phase of our development.
Newly Qualified Teachers are welcome to apply.
QIS Primary KS2
The Primary School at QIS is a vibrant place of learning and KS2 is no exception. A bright, colourful and warm environment where children and staff alike are encouraged to investigate and take ownership of their learning journey. The KS2 department offers a thematic curriculum alongside specialist lessons for Arabic, Islamic Studies, PE and French. Our class teachers are highly trained in programmes such as Talk 4 Writing and Mastery of Maths and these are utilised to enrich our curriculum provision. In addition to this, QIS offers its KS2 pupils a comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities, which all teachers take part in.
The successful candidate will join a stable and supportive staff and be responsible for planning high quality provision, showing independence and collaboration in equal measure. In addition to teams of 6 teaching staff and one intervention Teaching Assistant in each KS2 year group, there are also more than 50 teaching staff and 24 Teaching Assistants across the whole of the primary school. This is a team of supportive, dedicated professionals who work tirelessly to optimise the learning experience for our 1000 Primary pupils.
In addition, the school has a strong and increasing commitment to ensuring the highest quality CPD in order to ensure candidates maintain their links to the UK curricular demands.
If you want to join a successful and forward looking team, with good facilities in a great city, then we look forward to welcoming you! As a BSO accredited school we are able to accept applications from NQTs and experienced staff.
QIS Teacher Profile
- High expectations
- Team player
- Listening skills
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Sense of humour
- Well organised
- ProfessionalA QIS teacher is a positive and inspirational role model. Our teachers value teamwork and embrace opportunities to work with others to find collaborative and creative solutions to problems. They are trusting of their colleagues and trustworthy themselves, having the highest moral integrity. No matter what the circumstances, QIS teachers show high levels of empathy, sensitivity and respect for the feelings of others. They offer caring support to all members of the school community. A QIS teacher wears a smile They are extremely well organised, planned, reliable and prepared; aware at all times of their responsibilities to their learners and colleagues. They communicate in a professional and efficient manner, responding to both verbal and written communication effectively and appropriately. Consistency and fairness epitomise their dealings with learners, parents and others, upholding the values of equality and respect. A QIS teacher is a reflective practitioner
- They are constantly striving to improve, learn and develop their skills, taking a proactive approach to their own continued professional development. They are adaptable and flexible, always looking for opportunities to develop creative and innovative solutions to problems that arise.
- A QIS teacher is professional
- They maintain a positive balance in life and show resilience and humour when faced with difficult challenges and stressful situations. They take a pride in themselves, their school community and environment and in their common sense approach to work. Their good humour and positive outlook is an inspiration to all those around them.
- A QIS Teacher is a caring and supportive team player
- They are academically optimistic at all times, always expecting the best in everyone and every situation. They have an infectious passion for their subject and their profession, which is inspirational and rubs off on other learners. They have excellent and up to date specialist subject knowledge and their expectations are always high; relentlessly pursuing excellence.
QIS teachers are sensitive, respectful and culturally aware
They are constantly aware of their surroundings and employ emotional intelligence to the benefit of their students and colleagues. They strive to adopt a growth mindset and the philosophy of learning without limits.
Qatar International School- Job Description
|Position||Primary Main Scale||Department|
|Line Manager||HOD||Pay Scale|
|Line Management Responsibilities|
To raise standards of pupil attainment and achievement within your timetabled classes and to monitor and support pupil progress.
To provide pastoral support to ensure that all students are ready to learn.
To be a role model for colleagues and students by ensuring a professional approach and appearance in all elements of the work you undertake at QIS
To ensure that you promote high aspirations for all students and encourage them to reach grade one in the effort grade system.
To inspire students through good to outstanding teaching.
To ensure that you upkeep the good reputation of QIS in your professional and personal conduct
Job description & Specific Duties:
- Plan, prepare and teach timetabled classes, organise resources, assess students, keep records and report on timetabled subject(s) in accordance with the QIS policy and procedures.
- Integrate appropriate ICT activities into lessons and administration to enhance Teaching and Learning.
- Where appropriate plan for the use of support staff in lessons.
- Take responsibility for a class- attendance registers, home / school, planning and delivery of the British National Curriculum, communication, reports, parent’s evenings, awards evenings and visits.
- To assess pupils on an ongoing basis and keep accurate and up to date records of progress.
- To communicate effectively with parents including, weekly e-mails, responding to queries, termly progress reports and parents’ meetings.
- To be responsible for all students in class until they leave the school site
- To ensure that the classroom learning environment supports behaviour and EAL learners and follows QIS guidelines.
- Assist in general discipline matters across the school in accordance with QIS policy and procedures. Including management of behaviour in corridors and of all students in the school.
- Identify and reward good behavior, attitude, effort and achievement.
- Assist in administrative matters such as distribution of letters to parents, trip planning etc.
- Attendance at appropriate meetings, as calendared, including shared minute taking and leading sessions.
- To cover lessons for absent colleagues when required.
- To take a regular playground duty session as required by Year Group Leader.
- To conduct yourself professionally at all times in relationships with colleagues, parents and students.
- Active participation in relevant internal and external professional development.
- Share good practice and support in the CPD process for other colleagues according to strengths and expertise.
- Contribute to the QIS extra curricular activity programme, 1 additional hour per week.
- To uphold the Staff code of conduct Charter
Position of Responsibility (POR- if applicable)
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from their line manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Line Manager’s Signature
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com