Head of Science
Qatar International School (Required September 2018)
Dates: Apply by 22/01/2018. Job start September 2018
Location: Doha, Qatar
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term (Initial 2 year contract)
This is an exciting opportunity to join our wonderful school and help us on our journey to achieve our ambitious vision. We are searching for an outstanding leader to join our experienced, talented and supportive team of Science specialists.
What we offer
Our generous remuneration package includes:
- Competitive tax free salary
- Fully furnished, high quality, modern accommodation
- Utilities allowance
- International medical insurance
- Annual return flights to home country
- Travel allowance
- Continuing professional development
- Free tuition for up to 2 children
- Freight allowance
- End of service gratuity and enhanced gratuity for 5 + years of service
- Comprehensive induction programme
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will need to be passionate, self-motivated and have a desire to build upon the departments’ current strengths.
This is an exciting & challenging opportunity for an outstanding leader. The successful candidate will:
- Have previous leadership experience (1-3 years).
- Be committed to the school vision.
- Be able to challenge, motivate and support others to achieve outstanding practice.
- Be confident in the use of data (SIMs) to analyse and intervene to help all students achieve their potential.
- Have the ability to plan, strategically and deliver our targets.
- Have experience of leading departmental initiatives.
- Be an outstanding communicator with outstanding inter-personal skills and proven record of successful middle leadership.
- Be an outstanding teacher.
The Science Department
We have 13 well equipped Science Labs; 5 of which include electronic boards. The science department at QIS is a creative, supportive, and committed team of 15 staff who teach across the science disciplines at KS3, within subject specialisms for Cambridge IGCSE and Edexcel IAL/IAS at KS5. Following a recent restructure of the curriculum we have moved to a two year KS3 and developed a transition into IGCSE programme for year 9. The teachers are well supported by 3 lab technicians. The benefit of small classes with well-motivated students has contributed to successful results in the science department, with students achieving awards for the highest IGCSE Cambridge results in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry both nationally and internationally.
Applications should be submitted to the schools HR department by Monday 22nd January 2018. Applicants should submit their most recent CV and a letter, no more than two sides of A4, outlining the skills and qualities that they can bring to the post.
Initial interviews will take place on the 24th and 25th of January 2018. The initial interview will be conducted via Skype, phone or face to face. Successful candidates will be invited for a follow-up interview.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com