Qatar International School
British International School
Head of Primary Arabic
- Start date: August 2019
- Salary range: Competitive, to be discussed with successful candidate
We require, for August 2019, an outstanding Head of Department and Arabic Teacher to lead our successful Primary Arabic team. This friendly team is responsible for delivering the three subjects Arabic, Islamic Studies and Qatar History across our primary school age range of 3-11 years old.
This post requires not only someone with the right qualifications, experience and personality, but also the right leadership skills.
The successful candidate will hold appropriate qualifications in Arabic Language that are acceptable to the Ministry of Education and Higher Education. They will be an excellent role model as a teacher and an outstanding leader of colleagues.
The successful candidate will also be able to communicate thoroughly and effectively in English.
About the department
Our Primary Arabic Department is led by a Head of Department, who is line managed by our Primary Leadership Team. We also have a Whole-School Head of Arabic based in our secondary school, who will advise and support and who also leases with the Ministry.
The Head of Primary Arabic will have the support of an assistant, eight other teachers and a dedicated teaching assistant. This team is a good balance of both younger and more experienced professionals, who are all committed to the highest standards of work and learning for their students. They strive to teach these challenging subjects in the most effective ways, while also supporting the aims and policies of the Ministry.
A lot of training is undertaken by the team to ensure learning is of high quality, and the department has improved greatly in recent years.
How to apply
Please submit the following application documents in English using the application button below. They should be addressed to the Principal, Deane Baker:
- Letter of application (two pages maximum).
- CV detailing your career and educational experience (three pages maximum).
- A recent photo.
- A list of three professional referees, including their names, positions, current email addresses and phone numbers. At least one of your referees must be from your present school or employer.
- Please note: For us to assess your eligibility for work, your application must also detail your visa status, nationality, age, the number and nationality of any dependents, and your marital status.
Applications must be received before 31 January 2019. We will contact successful candidates shortly after this to arrange a first interview, which will be held in school.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org